Friday, September 4, 2009

Blast from the Past - 4th Wedding

Last fall I was hired by two women to photograph their Holy Union ceremony in Orono, ME. It was a first for me in many ways. Yes, obviously the first for a Holy Union ceremony, but also the first time I had to photograph a ceremony indoors.

Perhaps you may have noticed (or not), but I strive to use as much natural light as possible. I absolutely HATE using a flash. This is the reason why some of my photographs have a grainier feel to them, but usually I try to work that in as part of the artistic flare.

Again, this blog is not only to promote myself but it is here to allow others the ability to follow along with my progression. To be honest, this was not one of my favorite ceremonies I've photographed. I didn't walk away with as many stunning pictures as I would have liked, however, I think it was a great learning experience, and provided me with at least a little more experience for the next time I had to photograph ceremonies/receptions in dimly lit rooms.


The purple benches were so unexpected, but such an awesome color!

I absolutely loved how the light shone in through the large windows on the side. I think it if wasn't for them, the photos would have fallen really flat.

Such a cute idea; serving cupcakes instead of an actual wedding cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment