Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tim & Sara - Married June 2009

Tim and Sara hired me more than a year ago to photograph their wedding held at Poland Springs Resort in Poland Springs, Maine.

The day was absolutely gorgeous - although extremely HOT. At about 5 months pregnant, I was just learning what it meant to be on my feet all day with the extra weight, but it was a beautiful and fun wedding none-the-less.

At the suggestion of Tim and Sara, I contacted the owner of Poland Springs Resort, and will be sending off a few prints from their wedding as well as a business card to be added to their vendor list. What a great opportunity for other people to hear about Ambervine Photography!

I decided to look at a few Photoshop Tutorials online before editing their wedding photographs. I've always seen some absolutely gorgeous pictures come from other various photographers, but I had no idea how they created those final results. After a little experimenting, I came up with a few shots that I thought were worth sharing.

As a side note - I had a great photography professor while attending UMaine, who thought that a good photograph shouldn't need to be cropped. I completely agree! So, I strive in every photograph to see what is around it to eliminate the need for cropping. This was one of the better weddings I photographed in that regard. Only one of the images below has been cropped.


Tim and Sara made such a beautiful couple. Here they are AFTER the ceremony walking back down the isle as Newlyweds.


Tim has told me several times that this photo is one of his favorites. I'm SO glad he liked the B&W processing I did!


Absolutely elegant! Here I tried a "lomo" editing technique. It makes the colors quite a bit darker, but helps to give it more of a vintage feel.


This is probably one of my favorite images and editing jobs from the Tim and Sara wedding. I messed around with selective sepia/coloring techniques.


This photograph reminds me of the song "Grow old along with me..." It was a nice touch having the couple sit in the rocking chairs located on the porch of the resort.


This is another lomo try. A little dark I think, but very drastic and for those who have the taste, still a pretty image.


The reception was a little tricky to photograph! Again, as I strive to stay away from using a flash, I had to work with the very RED lights that were shone onto the dance floor. It made for some interesting color combinations and effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment