Sunday, September 6, 2009

Randy & Janel - Married Sept. 2009

I was hired last week by Randy and Janel to photograph their Elopement through MiNeeds.com
Since I had never heard of that web site, I was a little skeptical, but it turns out it's like Ebay for services. Someone posts a need, and you bid on it. Interesting.

Anyway, Randy and Janel were college sweethearts, and had been together 8 years before tying the knot. Luckily, their families were perfectly OK with them eloping. (Turns out Janel's mother eloped twice!) Both Randy and Janel were originally from Ohio, and met while attending college in Toledo.

Personally, I love photographing elopements! I think it's a great way to get to know the client, and their stories come out much easier.

They drove all the way from Connecticut to get married on Sand Beach in Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, ME.

It was such a beautiful evening for a wedding. Hardly a cloud in the sky, and the beach was relatively uncrowded. It was the perfect location for an intimate wedding. I can't help but laugh when I remember some of the conversation we shared on the way out of the park. Somehow Seinfeld was brought up, specifically the episode where Kramer fed beans to the horse and then took (I think) Susan's parents for a very STINKY ride.

Here is a "sneak peak" of some photographs from their wedding, yesterday.

Janel showed up with beautiful shoes, too bad she didn't get to wear them until after we left the park.

Exchanging of the rings!

Beautiful time of day. The wedding was held at 5:00 p.m. The lighting was stunning!

The wedding/engagement rings!

I'm so excited they chose to have their wedding on the beach. Randy struggled a little since he decided to keep his shoes on, but the waves crashing in the background made this photograph one of the most romantic I've had the pleasure of taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment